ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What went wrong with Linux on the Desktop

<< < (26/29) > >>

wraith808:
Does such a thing exist for any of these services?

Josh:
Why would Google spend time doing this, Tux? There are far too many competing services to justify this. Plus, if you are syncing from a dropbox account, wouldn't the data ALREADY be on your computer (or one you have access to)? Just point Google drive to that folder and your data is synced.

Show me another service that does a direct import of IMAP data from another service. The only way I've ever found to sync IMAP profiles is using a client and draggin/dropping between the two, or some clunky scripts that does it (imapsync).

But something tells me you already know this all of this, didn't you?

Tuxman:
Moving files from one cloud into another does exist, of course. Not sure about the other features

Josh:
Moving files from one cloud into another does exist, of course. Not sure about the other features
-Tuxman (September 20, 2012, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Source?

Tuxman:
But something tells me you already know this all of this, didn't you?
-Josh (September 20, 2012, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I totally did.

All I was saying was: Once you put "everything" on Google, you have to keep two things in mind:

1. It will take you a lot of effort to migrate elsewhere.
2. You are no longer in control of your data.

(3. People like me will not read your e-mail when you use Google Mail because of privacy concerns.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version