ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (24/28) > >>

tomos:
^ an important point is that it allows you to block those analytics as well. But I guess people realise that...

What I found interesting is that it showed that google analytics were 'working' here, in spite of the fact that I opted out with google, and in spite of having google's "Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on" installed in Firefox.

But now it's blocked :up:

MilesAhead:
^ an important point is that it allows you to block those analytics as well. But I guess people realise that...

What I found interesting is that it showed that google analytics were 'working' here, in spite of the fact that I opted out with google, and in spite of having google's "Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on" installed in Firefox.

But now it's blocked :up:
-tomos (September 15, 2012, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm convinced those "do not have tele-marketers call me" lists are just a sneaky way to gather call lists. No sense making it easy for 'em by volunteering my phone number. :)

f0dder:
The "black on black" was a joke. The point being I can't read it. So I can't tell you the colors. I can only see text if I highlight by dragging the mouse.-MilesAhead (September 14, 2012, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
D'oh. Guess I'm riding the slow bus :)

I don't see the point of getting the same information over and again.-MilesAhead (September 14, 2012, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
As tomos says, the important thing is that the analytics is bugged - but it's interesting seeing what kind of stuff is included on various pages. I've turned off the pop-up bubble, though, after getting an idea what kind of tracking is used on the sites I visit frequently - can always click the friendly little ghost to get the list if I feel like it :)

It was crash prone when I tried it maybe a year ago. It's crash prone now. It's gone from my machine.-MilesAhead (September 14, 2012, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Too bad - glad it's stable here :)

MilesAhead:
Too bad - glad it's stable here
-f0dder (September 16, 2012, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't trust CRT-hostile software. To me it's all part of the scam to try to get people to upgrade the monitor for no real reason.  I haven't looked at the specs for a few years. But the last time I looked flat screen performance sucked compared to much cheaper CRT monitors.  Maybe it's different now. But I don't have hundred dollar bills to light my cigars. Fortunately, I don't smoke. :)

J-Mac:
Firefox 15.01 has broken most of my toolbar icons, and none of the links on any of the internal pages are working. E.g., my "reload without cache" button doesn’t work, print preview nor print buttons work... none of the buttons on the level with my address bar work at all. And on the add-ons page none of the links - options, "More...", etc. nothing happens when clicking.

I disabled hardware acceleration - it defaulted to "Enabled" in this version - and that got back a few things but most still aren't working.

I have read that it is possibly a graphics card driver update needed, and others claim that a recent Windows Update broke all of these things.

Grrr...  Really becoming tough as hell not to hate this damn browser lately.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version