ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (12/28) > >>

Curt:
I am pleased with Waterfox 15 build 20120830123745, it is even faster than 14.
I have not (yet) seen any of those CPU spikes, dantheman spoke about.

dantheman:
What can i tell you Curt?
Was it a temporary thing? Could be.
I did notice that nothing made it any speedier than Firefox 15.
Good for you if it works well on your system.

On a similar note, there's a recent post from an Opera user lamenting about crashing issues even a year after his/her initial post at their forum.
He/she seems to have to stick to older version while everything continues to be just fine and dandy on my computer.

dantheman:
Update on Waterfox experience.
After re-installing this browser (just to be sure of CPU spikes and claimed speed improvements),
i can say that there still are CPU issues (non existent in Firefox 15) but it does seem to be better at page rendering.

Have to admit, i'm allergic to AVG (so i guess it made me apprehensive at first).

daddydave:
I am back to regular Firefox again for now. I've had a lot of issues where the cursor goes into swirly mode when I try to switch tabs or scroll down, and been going back and forth between Firefox and Waterfox to try and remediate. (I suppose these would be CPU spikes, but I haven't really been checking Task Manager when it happens.) So I will give this new version a try in the Firefox main build.

cyberdiva:
edit: hmm, mistake updating LastPass. Messed up Opera so it wouldn't even load. Had to do restore point. Turns out I don't see any big memory savings anyway. Back to 14.01 for me.
-MilesAhead (August 29, 2012, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I decided to set a restore point and then give Firefox 15 a try.  I'm happy to report that I did not have your experience.  After I installed FFx 15, I used Last Pass, and it worked fine.  I then opened Opera, and Last Pass worked fine there, too.  The Last Pass version that I have is 2.0, which I think I've had for several months.  I didn't need to upgrade to 2.0.2:  2.0 works fine with both FFx 15 and Opera 12.02.

I'm not sure why my experience was different from yours, but I'm glad it was.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version