ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (7/28) > >>

nosh:
Slight offtopic: v15 is slow as shit, I'm going back to 14.
/offtopic

40hz:
Slight offtopic: v15 is slow as shit, I'm going back to 14.
/offtopic
-nosh (August 30, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

It would be really cool if they'd stop trying to dazzle us with it and just sit down and fix the parts that aren't working that well.
 :-\

CWuestefeld:
I upgraded to 15 the minute I heard it was out.

Previously I'd needed to restart the browser about 2x per day. It's been two days since the upgrade, and I only just restarted it for the first time. So it's definitely better at memory leaks for the stuff I'm using. And no stability problems for me so far.

KynloStephen66515:
I'll just leave this here*:

www.opera.com

*For shits and giggles

Spoiler

cyberdiva:
edit: hmm, mistake updating LastPass. Messed up Opera so it wouldn't even load. Had to do restore point. Turns out I don't see any big memory savings anyway. Back to 14.01 for me.
-MilesAhead (August 29, 2012, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks very much for the updated info.  I was about to update Firefox, but I care a LOT more about LastPass and Opera than about whether Firefox is at version 15.  For some time now, Firefox has not been my browser of choice but rather the least of evils.  If more software developers cared about their programs working with Opera, I'd happily make Opera my browser of choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version