ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (26/28) > >>

daddydave:
I made an uneducated guess about which add-on was slowing down Firefox for me these days, to the extent that I often have to wait minutes for a response from clicking on the tab or scroll bar. I have disabled that addin, and after a few hours of not having any problems, I re-enabled the other add-ins I had disabled. So far so good. I will give it a week and if I still don't have any problems, the add-in gets booted and I will tell you the name of the add-in. I don't want to jump to conclusions prematurely.

TaoPhoenix:
Well, I went along and installed Beta 16.0, so we'll see what all that does. I also switched out Ghostery for TrackerBlock, on the theory that even if "less evil", Ghostery is run by an ad company, and hopefully PrivacyChoice.org ... isnt?

So my browser is back to being fast, so we'll see if it stays that way.

MilesAhead:
Well, I went along and installed Beta 16.0, so we'll see what all that does. I also switched out Ghostery for TrackerBlock, on the theory that even if "less evil", Ghostery is run by an ad company, and hopefully PrivacyChoice.org ... isnt?

-TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2012, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

How long you been running 16? Is it rock solid?

TaoPhoenix:

-TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2012, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

How long you been running 16? Is it rock solid?
-MilesAhead (October 06, 2012, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh ... about an hour. So I have no basis to report it being rock solid. After all, 15.X was fast when I put it on whatever day that was, so something slowed it down. This time I changed up a few of my plugins.

MilesAhead:
I just tried installing. No bookmark toolbar. I just didn't want the hassle so I took it off. 14.01 is good enough for the time being.  Chromium is my primary anyway. I mainly bring up FF if the site balks with the multi-media delay(I set chromium to block everything and right click to run video/audio clips etc.. some sites can't handle that hitch in the timing.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version