ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fake Reviews: Amazon's Rotten Core

<< < (6/8) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I don't see why every stage of the journey would need to be different to now - you could leave the certificate verification to the last leg of the journey...-Carol Haynes (August 29, 2012, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because the only time you can verify the sender is when something is sent. Otherwise you're just getting the MITM's version of who the sender is/was/should have been. Which would most likely make it easier to spoof because the servers would be tied up focusing on a cert instead of the rest of the message header.

The SPF (Sender Policy Framework) was supposed to be a cure for server validation ... it just never got off the ground. Because as simple as it is ... It's still too friggin complicated for fried admins to get setup right ... So they just declaw the thing and move on.

joiwind:

...and the lawyers, and the politicians.  And especially the lawyers turned politicians.
-wraith808 (August 29, 2012, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here in France when a politician leaves political life he usually becomes a lawyer ...  ;D

Renegade:
If I had my way, SEO fscktards would be publicly tortured, they're ruining the interwebs.
-f0dder (August 29, 2012, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

-Renegade (August 29, 2012, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if they crucify the spammers first.

...and the lawyers, and the politicians.  And especially the lawyers turned politicians.
-wraith808 (August 29, 2012, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then you'd need step ladders to get up there to torture them. I guess that's ok though. :P

rxantos:
Whenever people can take an advantage of something, they will.

Lying is effective. More so if it comes accompanied by some truth.

Since the Internet has become the alternative to Mass Media. And mass Media is all about lying to get people to buy your clients products (so they can charge more to their clients), it follows that the Internet would have become a lying cesspool. And indeed, it has.

Heck, even Wikipedia has being found doing information manipulation, eliminating information that is against the believes of whoever is an op there while putting propaganda as the truth.

But this is not only a problem in the Internet. Lying have become the norm in courts. The trick is doing it in a way that the other party cannot prove that you lied. Bonus points if you buy the judge (far too many ways, not all based on money).

And politics. I wonder if one can make a candidate sign a contract in which if he/she does not makes good on his promises, they are automatically, and personally,  in debt for 1 million, per each incident. Is far too easy to lie and then do the exact opposite of what you said you would do.

ewemoa:
Heck, even Wikipedia has being found doing information manipulation, eliminating information that is against the believes of whoever is an op there while putting propaganda as the truth.
-rxantos (August 30, 2012, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you know if they have manipulated the history of edits for any page?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version