ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Load a new browser instance with X tabs from previously located sites"

<< < (2/7) > >>

tomos:
Hmm, good start guys, when I am not quite so giddy I will try your ideas and see what I get.

I was hoping to go to the extra step and have (whatever is in my browser) and do some kind of Save-As, name it, and create a new icon I can name. Does that clarify anything?
-TaoPhoenix (August 27, 2012, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

With Session manager, you save [the current window] as [whatever you want]. You can designate in preferences where sessions get saved. The rest you get the pleasure of doing yourself ;-)
Can you set icons universally for a particular filetype (? -maybe depends on your file manager?).

TaoPhoenix:

With Session manager, you save [the current window] as [whatever you want]. You can designate in preferences where sessions get saved. The rest you get the pleasure of doing yourself ;-)
Can you set icons universally for a particular filetype (? -maybe depends on your file manager?).
-tomos (August 27, 2012, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Tomos (and friends), I will try this approach. I installed Session Manager.  So with my existing session full of my nice little tabs, exactly how do I "save [the current window] as [whatever you want]" ?  The standard FileMenu/ SavePageAs options don't look different. How do I save it as a session and not just a static page of that tab?

tomos:
I'm not sure where exactly it is under the traditional menu (it's under tools). Here's mine:

and here the settings I use:
the window autosaves on closing with these settings.

[edit] best go through the options/preferences as well to see what's possible. I have Firefox set up to ask on opening which session to load. [/edit]

TaoPhoenix:
There we go. That's pretty close to what I need. I'll fiddle with it. Thanks!

tomos:
There we go. That's pretty close to what I need.
-TaoPhoenix (August 28, 2012, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
that's what I thought :)

I'll fiddle with it. Thanks!
-TaoPhoenix (August 28, 2012, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

have fun ;-)
I see you can also make shortcuts for various actions

I also use that FF tweak where you can stop the tabs actually loading - i.e. if you open a window with 50 tabs, only the active tab will load. Damned if I can remember how that is done though...
If you're interested and dont know about it, I can search here, I usually post about stuff here so as I have some chance of finding it again lol.

(I also use session manager for keeping track of closed tabs.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version