ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Load a new browser instance with X tabs from previously located sites"

<< < (6/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
I think I like the alternating approach, because then I think it works well towards my usage of importing into spreadsheets.
-TaoPhoenix (September 03, 2012, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you can figure out how to mix 2 text files. Line from file one, line from file two, repeat.

barney:
Just scanned this.  Don't know that the link is really germane  :-\, but OpenUpper.com is a service that seems to do what's requested.  Only problem is, it's an online service  :(.  (And I may not grasp the request.)

MilesAhead:
Just scanned this.  Don't know that the link is really germane  :-\, but OpenUpper.com is a service that seems to do what's requested.  Only problem is, it's an online service  :(.  (And I may not grasp the request.)
-barney (September 03, 2012, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glancing at it, it looks like an applet to generate a home page with a bunch of links. Some people like that for a start page.  Likely a lot more efficient than Speed-dial. But I like the thumbnails. :)

TaoPhoenix:
I think I like the alternating approach, because then I think it works well towards my usage of importing into spreadsheets.
-TaoPhoenix (September 03, 2012, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you can figure out how to mix 2 text files. Line from file one, line from file two, repeat.

-MilesAhead (September 03, 2012, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the power of the original concept was avoiding tedious cut and paste to begin with. Not only is time saved, but it helps avoid data transfer errors. Besides the problems of cut-pasting one by one, ("Where was I again?") but let's say you batch run it, but you forgot and deleted a tab, now you have a corrupted batch and have to go debug.

MilesAhead:
Seems like this google search would be self-evident:

search with terms "combine 2 text files alternating lines"

http://www.computing.net/answers/programming/merging-two-text-files-alternating-order/19292.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version