ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

set focus in "file name" control?

(1/2) > >>

rshory:
Is there a dialog extender that will set focus to the "file name" control, so I can just start typing the file name without clicking there first? I have tried several and none of them do this. I have software for my scanner (HP PrecisionScan Pro) which worked fine under Windows XP. However, under Windows 7, the File Save dialog comes up with the focus set evidently nowhere. I have to either explicitly click in the "File Name" control, or press <Tab> four times first, before I can start typing the file name. This seems trivial, but it more than doubles the effort of saving a file.
The dialog extenders I've tried do all sorts of cool things, but none of them have this simple option. Does anyone know another way to make this happen, besides a dialog extender? Or how I would write my own dialog extender?

skwire:
Hi, rshory, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  The extender that I use, FlashFolder, works like you describe (for me anyway =]).

rjbull:
Have you tried Listary?

rshory:
Neither "FlashFolder" nor "Listary" did what I wanted.

tomos:
I have tried several and none of them do this. I have software for my scanner (HP PrecisionScan Pro) which worked fine under Windows XP. However, under Windows 7, the File Save dialog comes up with the focus set evidently nowhere.
-rshory (August 26, 2012, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

have you tried running the problem software in XP compatibility mode?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version