ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

XKCD makes online ratings easy to understand

<< < (4/4)

Stoic Joker:
In the end, the success or failure of a movie depends on critical mass and the ability to hit a cross-section a combination of things, not the opinion of one particular person.  Even hitting that, it still doesn't allow for individual tastes.-wraith808 (August 22, 2012, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

With the formulaic cookie cutter Pablum that they're trying to passoff now days... Meh ...Probably. But movies like Airplane had universal appeal. It was impossible to sit through without laughing your ass of...and still is if you can find the original complete non-PC sanitized version. Last time I saw it on TV I went ballistic because most of the best lines had been removed.

TaoPhoenix:
But movies like Airplane had universal appeal. It was impossible to sit through without laughing your ass of...and still is if you can find the original complete non-PC sanitized version. Last time I saw it on TV I went ballistic because most of the best lines had been removed.
-Stoic Joker (August 22, 2012, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shh, ssh, now now, it's going to be okay. Just sit back and drink your milk and have a cookie. Because it's nice and clean For The Children! You wouldn't want those innocent snowflakes to hear a bad word now would you? I mean, they might be ruined forever, and need therapy for forty years!   /Grumpy

Anyone who has ever uttered the words "For The Children" in sincerity forgot what school hallways were actually like.

Stoic Joker:
Anyone who has ever uttered the words "For The Children" in sincerity forgot what school hallways were actually like.
-TaoPhoenix (August 22, 2012, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D You Damn Straight!  :Thmbsup:

...I knew this was a bad day to quit sniffing glue!  :D

wraith808:
F*ck the Children

(sorry if the video doesn't show up... youtube is blocked from work but I'll fix it later if necessary)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version