ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VLC - Is it worth it still?

<< < (3/5) > >>

f0dder:
I tend to use Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. It's UI in unobtrusive, it handles the file formats I need, it has some GPU acceleration support, and I don't need to install any of those nasty destabilizing codec packs.

Once in a blue moon I come upon something that's been encoded queerly or has some weird subtitle sync problems, which VLC might handle better... but that's not very often.

Oh, and most of the time I use my HD TV Live box instead - that's such a sweet little piece of hardware :-*

mahesh2k:
VLC on linux gets my anime and vids going. No complaints.

Crush:
I still use VLC, because it has some nice features like the realtime video transform & streaming, but a few months ago I found a new one.
More and more I now use SVP and the player MPC (as fodder posted). I so get a much higher quality of playback with additional risen video frequency.

J-Mac:
As for audio output being sub par, I wouldn’t know as I use it only for video. I use MediaMonkey Gold for my music, and it sounds just fine for me! It's output is to my computer speakers which is a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and it does fine for that.   8)

Jim

wraith808:
As for audio output being sub par, I wouldn’t know as I use it only for video. I use MediaMonkey Gold for my music, and it sounds just fine for me! It's output is to my computer speakers which is a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and it does fine for that.   8)
-J-Mac (August 21, 2012, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you already use MMG for your music, with the codecs installed, it becomes quite good for managing everything...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version