ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I want a Sony Xperia SX, but I think it's stupid to buy one.

<< < (6/13) > >>

superboyac:
See?  The docomo site, if you click the "English" button on the main page, shows this:

What the f--- does "In Japanese only" mean?  The phone can only show japanese language?  That's hard to believe if it's Android, as Android can switch between multiple languages, right?  So is the Sony software overlay on Android the thing preventing it from showing english?  Is there a way to get stock android on it so I don't worry about what customizations sony did?

Or, is it saying that only Japanese customers can buy it?  Is it a phone that is only available with a japanese company's cell plan?

Am I going to have to contact my corporate Sony contact to get it?  Will he even help me?

40hz:
[/url])[/i]
What the f--- does "In Japanese only" mean?
-superboyac (September 01, 2012, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well...in this case, I think it means: Moka-moka Su-su, Yankee-Boy. (In a polite way of course.)

Am I going to have to contact my corporate Sony contact to get it?  Will he even help me?
--- End quote ---

Yes. But only if you speak Japanese. ;)

ewemoa:
See?  The docomo site, if you click the "English" button on the main page, shows this: (see attachment in previous post)
What the f--- does "In Japanese only" mean?
--- End quote ---

May be this is what 40hz meant -- in this case I believe it means that if you click on the link, the resulting page is in Japanese.

There was a downloadable manual for the phone and within it there was a description of a procedure for changing the UI language so I don't think you have anything to worry about on that account.

ewemoa:
I didn't manage to find out anything useful regarding whether the phone can be purchased without signing up for service.

superboyac:
So I've been browsing this one site talking about the phone:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sx_so_05d-reviews-4775.php

The comments are fascinating.  Check it out:
My wife has this phone. Got it 2 days ago and she likes it a lot. It has many languages installed by default so you can use it. But does it support your network? The battery is removable. I like the size a lot. I got the xperia gx and think its a little big. We both had the arc before and i think it was the perfect size.
--- End quote ---

if you understand the japanese language then you can import it cause dont know if the phone have english language.It has english support. Don't worry about that. :)
--- End quote ---
answering question of if the phone has english support. yes!

This mobile will NEVER be available to outside of Japan, it is only for Japan and if you not Japanese you will NEVER NEVER have this phone.
This phone is ONLY for Japanese and never to non Japanese. Please do not ask me as it will be only for Japan people, non Japan people will NEVER have this phone.
--- End quote ---
What's your or SOny's problem??!!  I just want to give you money for something!

even if iphone 5 gets out... i'd rather have this...
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version