ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Audio Destortion during Video Playback

(1/3) > >>

artwritesyou:
About three weeks ago, I noticed that when I play videos online, the sound sounds horribly distorted. I don't even know how to describe it. It's echoey and reverberates. I called my DSL service provider and they said the internet connection is fine. They suggested I uninstall and reinstall my brower (in my case mozilla firefox) which I DID but to no avail. I'm not sure if I have an add-on or a virus that's making playback difficult. I DID have a trojan on my comp but I cleaned it. I'm not sure if that might still be a problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Please let me know and if you have any success stories, too. Thank you.

tomos:
They suggested I uninstall and reinstall my brower (in my case mozilla firefox)
-artwritesyou (August 19, 2012, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

have you tried a different browser to see how they compare ?

Renegade:
Not sure, but it could be a sound card driver. Try updating yours to see if that helps. (It's rare, but happens.)

artwritesyou:
I've tried using Internet Explorer but the same problem persists and I'm not sure how to update my sound driver. Any recommended sites? The last time I updated Mozilla, I had a Babylon add-on. I'm not sure where to go.

Renegade:
Start at the bottom, simplest -- drivers. Also check cabling connections and test with other speakers or headphones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version