topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CodyOS  (Read 6642 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CodyOS
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:28 PM »
CodyOS.pngCodyOS

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CodyOS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:09 PM »
I think it would look better if the progressbar was a stack of gold coins or a money thermometer.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25 PM »

The PSD, seeing as I don't plan on adding anything else to this lol

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 03:13 AM »
It makes a killer desktop background! I use black anyway, so now I have a Cody-Clone for a week!

Pity that you don't plan on much, I can see this all the way as a mascot for Stop SOPA-ACTA-PIPA-..... bills, all the way up to an alternate universe where some combination of you/Mouser/A/B/C write code that you then cut a deal with a Chinese businessman, who then pummels the Linux market, and all the news outlet go:

"In latest news, CodyOS outsells iPad, Android, Windows 8 UI, on the tablet and phone market, ...wait, what? Who the hell is Cody and why did he beat the top 3 entrants on the market????"

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:13 AM »
And if you ever decide to do it for real, just customize a copy of Debian, slap some weird "optimized for tablet/touchscreen" manager over it, add in a custom theme or two with your own icon set, and never never ever mention Linux on your website - or in any of your press releases.

Hey! It worked for Ubuntu. It can work for you too! :P :Thmbsup:

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:24 AM »
And if you ever decide to do it for real, just customize a copy of Debian, slap some weird "optimized for tablet/touchscreen" manager over it, add in a custom theme or two with your own icon set, and never never ever mention Linux on your website - or in any of your press releases.

Haha, that might just work...shame I know absolutely ZERO about coding a linux system rofl

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Haha, that might just work...shame I know absolutely ZERO about coding a linux system rofl

Neither did Mark Shuttleworth. Just assemble a team. Promise them little (or nothing) other than "glory" and the opportunity "to make a difference." There's enough of us naive fools who still believe in the GNU-F/OSS philosophy that you shouldn't have too much trouble gathering talent which you'll need do nothing other than ride herd on.
 ;D

---------------------------
Addendum: You will need to come up with a really cool name and logo for it. But you can always job that task out too if you have to. ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:44 AM by 40hz »

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 12:26 PM »

Neither did Mark Shuttleworth. Just assemble a team. Promise them little (or nothing) other than "glory" and the opportunity "to make a difference." There's enough of us naive fools who still believe in the GNU-F/OSS philosophy that you shouldn't have too much trouble gathering talent which you'll need do nothing other than ride herd on.
 ;D

---------------------------
Addendum: You will need to come up with a really cool name and logo for it. But you can always job that task out too if you have to. ;)

Wanna be part of a new OS movement 40hz?  I can't promise you much other than bragging rights, and perhaps fame and fortune if all goes well...

We also need someone to code the entire system, do the graphics, do the website, and also a couple of PR guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Wanna be part of a new OS movement 40hz?

Nope. Been there. Done that. Had my heart broken already.  ;D

Going forward, I think I'm gonna focus on the Raspberry Pi if they ever ship me the one I ordered ages ago. The Pi brings back the feeling I used to get about technology when I was in college the same time Bill Gates was.

There's a post over at the Raspberry Pi site about a 7 year old who wrote his first game. Like they said - this is what the Pi is all about.

Philip, age 7, his game and his review of the Raspberry Pi
Posted on August 15, 2012 by liz   

A little reminder of what it’s all about. Philip, who is seven years old, reviews the Raspberry Pi and shows off the first game he’s ever written in Scratch. Dad Spencer says proudly that Philip had very little help with this. We’re really impressed and very proud too; well done, Philip, and thanks, Dad!

Here's the YouTube video:

Kids like Philip give me hope. Best thing I've seen all week. :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:52 AM »
Hehe, cute kid -- especially from about 4:00 minutes onward.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:57 AM »
Hehe, cute kid -- especially from about 4:00 minutes onward.

"hel-lo" :D
he made me smile
Tom