Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 04:50:29 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: CodyOS  (Read 1676 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »

I think it would look better if the progressbar was a stack of gold coins or a money thermometer.

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »

* CodyOS.rar (228.02 KB - downloaded 38 times.)

The PSD, seeing as I don't plan on adding anything else to this lol

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 03:13:29 AM »

It makes a killer desktop background! I use black anyway, so now I have a Cody-Clone for a week!

Pity that you don't plan on much, I can see this all the way as a mascot for Stop SOPA-ACTA-PIPA-..... bills, all the way up to an alternate universe where some combination of you/Mouser/A/B/C write code that you then cut a deal with a Chinese businessman, who then pummels the Linux market, and all the news outlet go:

"In latest news, CodyOS outsells iPad, Android, Windows 8 UI, on the tablet and phone market, ...wait, what? Who the hell is Cody and why did he beat the top 3 entrants on the market????"

40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »

And if you ever decide to do it for real, just customize a copy of Debian, slap some weird "optimized for tablet/touchscreen" manager over it, add in a custom theme or two with your own icon set, and never never ever mention Linux on your website - or in any of your press releases.

Hey! It worked for Ubuntu. It can work for you too! tongue Thmbsup

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »

And if you ever decide to do it for real, just customize a copy of Debian, slap some weird "optimized for tablet/touchscreen" manager over it, add in a custom theme or two with your own icon set, and never never ever mention Linux on your website - or in any of your press releases.

Haha, that might just work...shame I know absolutely ZERO about coding a linux system rofl

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »

Haha, that might just work...shame I know absolutely ZERO about coding a linux system rofl

Neither did Mark Shuttleworth. Just assemble a team. Promise them little (or nothing) other than "glory" and the opportunity "to make a difference." There's enough of us naive fools who still believe in the GNU-F/OSS philosophy that you shouldn't have too much trouble gathering talent which you'll need do nothing other than ride herd on.
 Grin

---------------------------
Addendum: You will need to come up with a really cool name and logo for it. But you can always job that task out too if you have to. Wink
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:44:27 AM by 40hz » Logged

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »

Neither did Mark Shuttleworth. Just assemble a team. Promise them little (or nothing) other than "glory" and the opportunity "to make a difference." There's enough of us naive fools who still believe in the GNU-F/OSS philosophy that you shouldn't have too much trouble gathering talent which you'll need do nothing other than ride herd on.
 Grin

---------------------------
Addendum: You will need to come up with a really cool name and logo for it. But you can always job that task out too if you have to. Wink

Wanna be part of a new OS movement 40hz?  I can't promise you much other than bragging rights, and perhaps fame and fortune if all goes well...

We also need someone to code the entire system, do the graphics, do the website, and also a couple of PR guys  Grin Grin Grin Grin

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

Wanna be part of a new OS movement 40hz?

Nope. Been there. Done that. Had my heart broken already.  Grin

Going forward, I think I'm gonna focus on the Raspberry Pi if they ever ship me the one I ordered ages ago. The Pi brings back the feeling I used to get about technology when I was in college the same time Bill Gates was.

There's a post over at the Raspberry Pi site about a 7 year old who wrote his first game. Like they said - this is what the Pi is all about.

Philip, age 7, his game and his review of the Raspberry Pi
Posted on August 15, 2012 by liz   

A little reminder of what it’s all about. Philip, who is seven years old, reviews the Raspberry Pi and shows off the first game he’s ever written in Scratch. Dad Spencer says proudly that Philip had very little help with this. We’re really impressed and very proud too; well done, Philip, and thanks, Dad!

Here's the YouTube video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIHKM8_F4RA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIHKM8_F4RA</a>

Kids like Philip give me hope. Best thing I've seen all week. Thmbsup

kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:52:26 AM »

Hehe, cute kid -- especially from about 4:00 minutes onward.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »

Hehe, cute kid -- especially from about 4:00 minutes onward.

"hel-lo" cheesy
he made me smile

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.12 ]