ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wikileaks - Julian Assange Granted Asylum by Ecuador

<< < (6/12) > >>

wraith808:
And it's just how the government wants it. They use the expendable character- the elected president that they can claim we're responsible for choosing as the scapegoat for the messes they make, enabling the behind the scenes crews to get away with murder.
-SeraphimLabs (August 19, 2012, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  There's no much power to be had at being behind the scenes... the presidency is a dead end job.  Stay an incumbent as a senator and you'll make much more money over the lifetime of your office, and wield much more power- especially if you get a good juicy committee like appropriations.  Senators and Representatives need to be similarly time limited to cycle out the old entrenched politicos.  And... maybe this is getting to be more basement material, so I'll stop.  :-[

Renegade:
"can u say that again without all the big words?  :o   "  (/satire)
-TaoPhoenix (August 19, 2012, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Ow, My Balls!" is on... ;)

KynloStephen66515:
Julian Assange Historic speech @ Ecuador Embassy 19/08/2012

tsaint:
Assange in bed with Correa???? A tad hypocritical?

Renegade:
Assange in bed with Correa???? A tad hypocritical?
-tsaint (August 20, 2012, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean there. Then again, I'm not really much of an expert (or even amateur) on Ecuador.

But I know that if I had the world's largest super-power calling for my assassination/indefinite detention/torture/whatever, I'd probably take whatever help I could get~! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version