ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 8: Yes, it's that bad

<< < (5/5)

jgpaiva:
I just read this other article: Why I’m uninstalling Windows 8 which some particularly scary statements:
Window management is a pain in the arse

Metro apps don’t have any window controls. If you want to swap between apps, you have to make a convoluted mouse gesture - move the mouse to the top left of the screen, and then down to select the window. You can’t minimise the app, and there’s no on-screen preview of what’s running to help you quickly switch between programs.
--- End quote ---
Does anyone know if windows 8 banned the alt-tab or if we can't have two windows side-by-side? Or does the "desktop app" work pretty much as in previous versions and this reviewer just doesn't know how to use it?

f0dder:
Does anyone know if windows 8 banned the alt-tab or if we can't have two windows side-by-side? Or does the "desktop app" work pretty much as in previous versions and this reviewer just doesn't know how to use it?-jgpaiva (August 22, 2012, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think this reviewer is focusing mostly on FORMEtRo. It's a better piece of text than the crap this thread started with :), but IMHO it still doesn't paint the fully picture of Win8... like, nobodys says you have to use the built-in mail, media player, calendar and other crap - you can still use your tried-and-trusted desktop apps.

It sucks that some tasks require going to FORMEtRo, though - it would be nice if one could just ignore that part (and perhaps not even install it) if not wanted.

jgpaiva:
It sucks that some tasks require going to FORMEtRo, though - it would be nice if one could just ignore that part (and perhaps not even install it) if not wanted.
-f0dder (August 22, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
What do you mean? I expected it would be how you described: metro is there, but if you want you can not use it at all.

Stoic Joker:
-jgpaiva (August 22, 2012, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does anyone know if windows 8 banned the alt-tab or if we can't have two windows side-by-side? Or does the "desktop app" work pretty much as in previous versions and this reviewer just doesn't know how to use it?
[/quote]

Alt+Tab still works (as expected) just fine. Desktop App behavior hasn't changed either.

jgpaiva:
Alt+Tab still works (as expected) just fine. Desktop App behavior hasn't changed either.
-Stoic Joker (August 22, 2012, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, glad to know that :) Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version