ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SkyDrive: Apple iCloud : Google Drive: Dropbox - comparison (FREE versions)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Tuxman:
My Dropbox has 7.8 GB free space. Just saying.

IainB:
My Dropbox has 7.8 GB free space. Just saying.
-Tuxman (September 19, 2012, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good point. Dropbox hadn't been properly mentioned in PC Mag's above table. Just out of curiosity, I have added Dropbox details (from their site) to the FREE/Cost pa. table, below - presumably you somehow got to your 7.8GB FREE storage allocation with referrals(?) - and I have updated the SkyDrive and Dropbox FREE storage allocations to show the min/max FREE storage allocations. Interesting table. I might put it into a Google Drive collaborative spreadsheet if people in the DC Forum would be interested in helping to update/maintain the table. (It's seriously tedious and constrained doing it in a table in the Forum like this.)

FREE/Cost pa. Cloud storage allocations:
SkyDriveiCloudGoogle DriveDropboxAmazon Cloud DriveFree storage7-25GB5GB5GB2-18GB5GBAdd  20 GB$10$40N/AN/A$10Add 50 GB$25$100N/AN/A$25Add 100 GB$50N/A$60$99$50NB:

* SkyDrive offers a FREE default Recycle Bin facility that holds deleted items for 3 days from the deletion date.
* Dropbox offers a "Packrat" unlimited undo history for $39 pa.
* Google Drive offers Google Apps./Scripts/Forms as a useful toolset, though this probably requires some technical expertise to use fully.
* SkyDrive is to introduce an Excel surveys feature which could be easier to use than the Google Drive toolset and thus generally more appealing to a wider audience. "...you can easily use the power of Excel Web App, Excel for Windows, or Excel for Mac to sort, analyze, or chart the results of your survey."
--- End quote ---

Tuxman:
So SkyDrive is better than Dropbox which still beats the other 3 when it comes to pure space. OTOH, Android support was not really impressive when I checked it last time.

I used referrals and random "tests" and "quizzes" and whatever Dropbox events to get 7.8 GB. I'd assume it will be more in a while.

IainB:
I hadn't known this before, but apparently you can Access and fetch any file on your Windows PC remotely using SkyDrive
Step-by-step instruction are given in the post.
Many of us must have used SkyDrive for accessing files anywhere and sharing with anyone. With SkyDrive, you can securely store your files and get to them from any of your devices be it your PC, Mac, Smartphone, iPad or iPod. Another cool feature of SkyDrive many of us may not have used is, if you have forgotten to put your files in the SkyDrive Folder, you can access your Windows PC and fetch that or any file from it remotely. As long as your PC that has the file is ON and running SkyDrive, you can access any file you need, from anywhere.

--- End quote ---

Renegade:
I think Box.net is giving out 50 GB for free. Might want to check that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version