ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Diagnose problems in windows file sharing on LAN

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Most of the problems I've seen relate to issues between the new Windows security model and XP.
-40hz (August 14, 2012, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

That one I haven't seen (out side of folks using blank passwords), and most of our clients (still) have mixed environments with an 08/08R2 server and XP/Vista/7 clients. No issues found bouncing between them in any direction.

40hz:
Most of the problems I've seen relate to issues between the new Windows security model and XP.
-40hz (August 14, 2012, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

That one I haven't seen (out side of folks using blank passwords), and most of our clients (still) have mixed environments with an 08/08R2 server and XP/Vista/7 clients. No issues found bouncing between them in any direction.
-Stoic Joker (August 14, 2012, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't see it with Vista or 7. I do see it on occasion with an XP client if it wasn't set up properly, or was wedded to the domain after the fact. (Usually a laptop when that happens). Then again, it's only two clients that had those problems (both of whom are in love with Lenovo for their endusers) so it may have something to do with the XP OEM setups for those.

Stoic Joker:
Ah! Okay. Don't see a lot of Lenovo - Only once really in a WG - I'll have to watch for that.

JimH44:
Sorry, Ath, I didn't answer your question straight away -- all 3 machines are running XP Pro, SP 3.
I have not updated drivers, because ping works properly, and they can all access the internet OK.
Windows update is running on the two machines that have the problems with each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version