ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Window go out of my way!

<< < (2/4) > >>

midiworks:
midiworks:
maybe this would interest you...
-lanux128 (April 13, 2006, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
nice find,  but it rather makes me feel drunk looking at this...  :-\, and it takes way too long.
But it goes into the right direction.

I think, if the windows would be moved to the opposite side,
without any graphical gimmicks and then,
when the mouse is leaving the previously occupied space again,
the window should be restored to its original position.

or something like this... 8)

lanux128:
nice find,  but it rather makes me feel drunk looking at this...  :-\, and it takes way too long.
But it goes into the right direction.-midiworks (April 13, 2006, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

a'ah, but that is the magic of AHK... you can modify it to suit your preferences. it would need some minor tinkering to get the windows moving the way you wanted but hang in there. :Thmbsup:

Hirudin:
If anyone's looking, the magnifier window of Fatbits works the way midiworks wants.

Fatbits is also the best freeware screen-magnifier I could find.

midiworks:
If anyone's looking, the magnifier window of Fatbits works the way midiworks wants.
-Hirudin (April 13, 2006, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes!  :D
Auto-relocate Fatbits
This option specifies how the Fatbits window will automatically move in response to mouse movement. The settings are:
No relocation - the window will not automatically move.
Avoid mouse, return when possible - the window will move from its home position to avoid the mouse pointer. It will move horizontally or vertically the minimum amount needed to allow inspection of the pixels under the Fatbits window. When the mouse is no longer over its home position, the window will return.
Avoid mouse, return when necessary - the window will move from its home position to avoid the mouse pointer. It will move horizontally or vertically the maximum amount possible while remaining on the same monitor. The window will stay there until it is forced to move back in order to avoid the mouse.
Attach Fatbits to mouse - the window will follow the mouse pointer around the screen.
--- End quote ---

just thinking about this,
maybe, when the mouse touch the upper part of a window that is in the way,
then the window should jump to the opposite side.
If it touches the lower part, then the window can be used as usually.

Carol Haynes:
Instant solution - just click on the programs taskbar icon and it will automatically minimize the window. Click again to restore it.

Another way is to ensure that "Desktop" is visible on the Quick Launch bar - this will minimize everything so you can see the desktop.
-Carol Haynes (April 13, 2006, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
The user could also drag the window out of the way manually than...
No, all this should function automatically without use interference. ;)

-midiworks (April 13, 2006, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

How's that going to work ?? The computer reads your mind and decides when you are looking for an unrelated desktop item and then hides the appropriate windows just long enough for you to double click on it???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version