topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ps. regarding use for donationcoder.com emails  (Read 13096 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
ps. regarding use for donationcoder.com emails
« on: May 24, 2005, 08:35 AM »
anyone who has exchanged emails with me through donationcoder.com knows that i tend to write long chatty emails.

and i have tried hard to NOT just send off pure form letters when welcoming people to donationcoder.com.

but of course it would be insane to retype the standard information that i send welcoming people to the site.  and yet that is what i was often doing.  other times i would keep notes and copy and paste certain instructions for people who had not yet joined the forum, and other info for people who had, etc.

so this program was motivated by my desire to be able to more easily welcome people appropriately to the site, allow me to customize the email i send, and give me more time to add personal notes without having to spend my time rewriting boilerplate info or cutting and pasting from my notes.

in short, i hope this will allow me (and others who have similar needs) to write to people in a *more* personal way, by eliminating the time spent doing brainless copy+paste operations from templates, and making it easier to add custom content.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 08:38 AM by mouser »

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ps. regarding use for donationcoder.com emails
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Sounds like it might also be helpful when compiling support requests.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 12:13:47 AM by Scott »

tenseiken

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Boredom Solutions
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 04:57 PM »
It would be nice to see some kind of customization in support responses.  There's nothing I hate more than receiving a canned response that doesn't even remotely address my problem from a company whose software I paid for.  It's almost like being on hold for an hour while being constantly reminded that my call is important.
-John

JEdwardP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15 PM »
After discovering CHS over the weekend, I came back today to look over TFLM. I manage a (very) small business, and found I was retyping a lot of the same phrases/paragraphs for customer service e-mails.

My first instinct was that TFLM would NOT suit me, because I hate the idea of canned responses. As soon as I tried the program, however, and saw that it allows quick editing and customization, I knew it would work for me.

It seems to strike a nice balance between eliminating repetition and allowing for a "personal" tone in each letter.

Thanks for this Mouser,

Jim
Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 10:28 PM »
very nice to hear that Jim, i think you've captured my hopes as well, trying to balance :)

if you have any ideas for new features let me know, i'd like to add some stuff..

also, if you use thebat email client make sure you try the Piper plugin that Jibz wrote to interface the form letter machine with it.