ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How Blogging (or Coding) Can Rot Your Teeth

(1/2) > >>

app103:
I know this isn't something that most computer users think about, but spending a lot of time at your computer can be harmful to your teeth. Fear not though...there are things you can do to prevent the damage.

http://weblogbetter.com/2011/06/30/how-blogging-can-rot-your-teeth/

mouser:
Thanks for the post, app  :up:

kyrathaba:
Hadn't ever considered this. Thanks for the tip, app!

Stoic Joker:
So... By that logic, sleeping must also be bad for ones teeth. Unless of course they talk in their sleep. I have a really hard time buying this as there are a multitude of reasons people can have for not being loquacious. It doesn't necessarily have to mean your mouth has to dry out ... as I'm sure salivation rates vary. Here's a thought... Who is most likely to need-a-drink? Some one waiting in line alone? Or someone giving a speech??

app103:
So... By that logic, sleeping must also be bad for ones teeth. Unless of course they talk in their sleep.
-Stoic Joker (August 09, 2012, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would explain the morning breath phenomenon.

Who is most likely to need-a-drink? Some one waiting in line alone? Or someone giving a speech??
-Stoic Joker (August 09, 2012, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't confuse dry mouth with dry throat. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other.

I don't think this dentist's advice could hurt you if he's wrong and could only help if he is right. I do know the habit a lot of people have of guzzling a lot of sugar loaded soft drinks, tea, coffee, etc while working can't be good for your teeth, so just the act of replacing that with water could do a lot of people's teeth a lot of good. And don't forget that even if you use a sugar-free sweetener in your tea or coffee, if you are adding milk, it still has sugar in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version