ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Robert Downey Jr credits BK saving his life...

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
^^ thanks I'll check that out, I love screenwriting books.  Strangely enough, they help me with my music more so than most music books.

wraith808:
And I watched Batman last week.  The audience clapped at the end.  I don't know why they were clapping for that snoozefest.  Maybe they were glad it was over, I don't get it.
-superboyac (August 08, 2012, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a matter of taste, I suppose.  I enjoyed it, and most that I know did also.  And I'm not just one to go along with the crowd especially in the case of movies.

40hz:
^^ thanks I'll check that out, I love screenwriting books.  Strangely enough, they help me with my music more so than most music books.
-superboyac (August 09, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Funny. Improving my music is what got me interested in film and film making to begin with. The processes of music composition and motion picture story development are remarkably similar. To me at least. Maybe it has something to to with how music and movies are art forms that are completely dependent on the element of time to work their magic. Because if you remove sequential realtime from the mix, there can be no music or movie. It's the sequencing and the pacing that's key to it all.

Hmm...there's gotta be some very long and "heavy" philosophical discussion lurking in there somewhere. ;D

TaoPhoenix:
What about if you remove the pacing from a video, you sometimes get music!? Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo

Amateur - Lasse Gjertsen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version