topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: pictures to clipboard to email ---> blogs and forums and webpages  (Read 2902 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

When I work with pictures, often small sections from books, I really want them to be translatable to the web with a minimum of muss and fuss.  

My goal .. take a picture to the clipboard (Abbyy Screenshot Reader) .. place them inline by pasting .. (e.g. to a Eudora or another editor) and somehow get them to web output with a minimum of fuss.

Here is an example of two pics that went to Blogger this way, from an inline pic from Eudora, sent out as an email:

Erasmus and the heavenly witnesses
http://purebible.blo...venly-witnesses.html

Of course, if necessary, once the pic is in Blogger or Wordpress or CMS..theoretically I could modify the size in an editor, maybe, like Windows Live Writer.

Anyway, I am looking for this type of easy picture --> web output in general, whether it involves an email forum, a web forum, a blog (like here), a CMS system, or a webpage.  

Do you always work with pics by saving to a file and then importing ?  (e.g. as an attachment).

Please share your best ways of getting many simple small pics "to the web" .. in a manner where it is in your own articles, as above.

Thanks.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: pictures to clipboard to email ---> blogs and forums and webpages
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Just for info:
It should be noted that the 153MB ABBYY Screenshot Reader still can be retrieved for free, and that it is at version 5988 - meaning NOW is a good time to get it, before the most-likely-not-so-free version 6 is launched. However, you need to first answer a few fair questions  and give your email address: http://www.abbyy.com...enshot_reader_bonus/
Edit:
I got the version's number wrong. It is at version 9.0 ... "part 5988" - so it must be quite new?