ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P

<< < (6/10) > >>

Renegade:
And I'm also getting real tired of all the psychological bullying going around these days.
-superboyac (August 08, 2012, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's pretty much where I was coming from earlier. It started out as a means to help people, but now it's mostly just weaponized nonsense. Sure there are still some of the low level touchy feely I'm ok you're ok types. But the bulk of the psychology effort seems to go into screwing the shit out of the populace by conning them into believing some mindblowingly ridiculous spin-doctored bullshit. Like we're really supposed to feel sorry for the oil (oops) "energy" companies because they're having such a tough time making ends meet while they try so gash darn hard to make the world a better place for everybody... Seriously??? [comment omitted to avoid burning a hole in the fabric of the internet]

Either that or they're trying to "fix" things that are just not repairable. Some fruitcake standing over a pile of corpses with a can of whipped cream, a sparkler, and a spoon does not need counseling.
-Stoic Joker (August 08, 2012, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Couldn't agree more.

Psychology signals were used as weapon in society for centuries. These days it is heavily used in corporate places and social interaction to bully people.
-mahesh2k (August 08, 2012, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 again.

And you see articles like this EVERY DAY in the news. Maybe not as blatant, but they're always there. Usually softer and in higher numbers.

Tell a lie enough times and it becomes truth.  >:(

I love the analogy "weaponized", because that's so completely bang on.

app103:
You can't win if you are willing to believe the articles. You either don't have a Facebook account and it means that there is something wrong with you, or you do have a Facebook account and it means there is something wrong with you. Either way, there is still something wrong with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1310230/Facebook-users-narcissistic-insecure-low-self-esteem.html

Renegade:
You can't win if you are willing to believe the articles. You either don't have a Facebook account and it means that there is something wrong with you, or you do have a Facebook account and it means there is something wrong with you. Either way, there is still something wrong with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1310230/Facebook-users-narcissistic-insecure-low-self-esteem.html
-app103 (August 09, 2012, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! ;D

Oh god... It only gets better~!

Even George Carlin would have had a tough time keeping up with the hilarity~! :D

But seriously -- +1 for the good observation about "there's something wrong with you". A bit telling, perhaps?

TaoPhoenix:
But they're different wrongs. So stop being a murderous terrorist and join Facebook and take your pink pill so you can be a nice docile little narcissistic sheep. That's a good boy now! Yes you are! :o

Target:
Some fruitcake standing over a pile of corpses with a can of whipped cream, a sparkler, and a spoon does not need counseling.
-Stoic Joker (August 08, 2012, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

so you've seen my FB photo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version