ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P

<< < (5/10) > >>

40hz:
And the 1 man corporation pays less taxes for more benefits, and enjoys more protections.
-wraith808 (August 08, 2012, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Been there - and the truth is: not really. Or at least not always. Depends on how you set it up - and more importantly - how you operate it. Having your own corporation can easily cost you more in the long run unless you dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Also don't know how it works elsewhere, but where I am, the courts tend to be somewhat skeptical of 1-person corporations if it seems like they were set up mainly for the purposes of limiting personal liability or dodging taxes. Attorneys have also told me it's relatively easy to "pierce the corporate veil" when it comes to a 1-person (or small and closely held) corporation.

Same goes for benefits, which I mostly see as medical coverage these days. I don't know how easy it is for other small corporations to get medical insurance, but where I am they're asking for 5 or more employees to get a group plan. Otherwise you get to buy an individual non-group policy (i.e. $$$$) just the same as if you were buying it for yourself with no corporation behind you.

And in the high-tech (or just plain tech) industries you also have to worry about being deemed a "personal holding company." That can cream you on taxes if you're not aware of what a PHC is and how easy it is to unknowingly become one. Good article on that here. Happened to an acquaintance of mine. Ouch!

Small corporations. You still need them. But they're nowhere near the panacea and fortress they used to be.

YMMV.

wraith808:
It's been a few years since I dissolved mine- at the time I had group rates with only three members through BCBS.  The biggest disadvantage was the lack of balance in liability because of the size of the group- premiums ballooned very quickly.  But I never had a problem with taxes, especially since I found that at the time corporations were very sloppy about filing the requisite paperwork when it came to transfers between corporations.  They'll file the W2 quite quickly... but not much for paying another corporation for work.

kyrathaba:
What, you mean spending 20 hours a day imagining the nice pictures I can make with Cody's entrails makes me a psycho?
--- End quote ---

You do that, too!?

Stoic Joker:
And I'm also getting real tired of all the psychological bullying going around these days.
-superboyac (August 08, 2012, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's pretty much where I was coming from earlier. It started out as a means to help people, but now it's mostly just weaponized nonsense. Sure there are still some of the low level touchy feely I'm ok you're ok types. But the bulk of the psychology effort seems to go into screwing the shit out of the populace by conning them into believing some mindblowingly ridiculous spin-doctored bullshit. Like we're really supposed to feel sorry for the oil (oops) "energy" companies because they're having such a tough time making ends meet while they try so gash darn hard to make the world a better place for everybody... Seriously??? [comment omitted to avoid burning a hole in the fabric of the internet]

Either that or they're trying to "fix" things that are just not repairable. Some fruitcake standing over a pile of corpses with a can of whipped cream, a sparkler, and a spoon does not need counseling.

mahesh2k:
Psychology signals were used as weapon in society for centuries. These days it is heavily used in corporate places and social interaction to bully people.

Some of the examples -
- You don't work 9 to 5? geez, night shift work? ewww.
- Oh you don't shake hands with people all time in our company ? you must be sociopath.
- You want raise? why are you not working on saturday and sunday?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Social examples -
- You are 30 and not yet married? OMG, your childhood must be very sad.
- You are married for 1 year and no child yet, so sorry for you guys.
- You spend time in front of PC and don't join our discussion where we ridicule our other absent friends, you're anti-social biach :D
- You don't earn much money like me? feel very sad for you.
- You got divorced ? sob sob sob.
- You don't keep in touch with me 24x7? I got new boyfrrnd, I iz your ex now. :p

You just can't avoid these milestone arranged by social structure. Large number of these milestones are part of psychological hacking and breaking them makes you either sociopath or psychopath, depending on whichever is worst for that counselor. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version