ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is Moffsoft alive?

<< < (3/6) > >>

skwire:
It may just be me.. but I simply refuse to use software that is based on code that is by now over five years old
--- End quote ---

I can almost guarantee that the OS you're using runs on code that is much older than five years.  Ever think about that?  =]

noth(a)nk.you:
[...] there must come a point with Calculator software that it does its thing and there is not much worth adding.-Carol Haynes (April 13, 2006, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with this.

My anecdotal evidence: I bought my TI-89 calculator almost seven years ago and, while there's not much new to its software, I still find uses for it almost every day.

Another example: I use Microsoft Calculator quite often (loads fast, has several functions), but the latest copyright date is 2001.

Carol Haynes:
Actually Microsoft do a decent free calculator replacement which includes things like units conversion functions, scientific functions etc. and different skins. I can't remember where I got it from but you can probably find it in the MS Windows XP downloads page.

Carol Haynes:
Just found it at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx here is the download link http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/PowerCalcPowertoySetup.exe

Here's what it says:

Power Calculator

With this PowerToy you can graph and evaluate functions as well as perform many different types of conversions.
--- End quote ---

moerl:
It may just be me.. but I simply refuse to use software that is based on code that is by now over five years old
--- End quote ---

I can almost guarantee that the OS you're using runs on code that is much older than five years.  Ever think about that?  =]
-skwire (April 14, 2006, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't think about it, but my reply is this: my OS was updated three days ago :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version