ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... desktop/mobile calendar/task list/appointments app

<< < (2/3) > >>

barney:
Not overly fond of Java ... too many disappointments, too many hacks ... but I'll give Pimlical a try - the published feature set fits mostly with what I'd like to have.  Need to check for licensing issues, though, or it could get expensive  :P.

40hz:
*Professional, at bottom, means you get paid for it.
-barney (August 06, 2012, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always though it meant you charged for it. Actually getting paid, in my experience, is a whole separate issue. :P

xtabber:
Another option might be EssentialPIM.

The Windows Pro edition is licensed per computer, but there is a free version that is probably good enough to see if you like the way it works.  The Pro edition also provides a fully functional portable version. There are free apps for both Android and iOS.

On Android devices, EPIM uses its own tasks, notes and password modules and the built-in (Google) calendar and contacts, but you can synchronize those directly if you prefer not to use Google.

40hz:
-xtabber (August 06, 2012, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just an FYI. When I evaluated Essential PIM a few months ago I had it lose information that had been previously entered and saved to the calendar. Don't know if this was an anomaly or something specific to the machine I was running it on. But it spooked me enough that I removed it from further consideration after that happened. Which was a shame. It looked to be a very capable PIM. YMMV.

barney:
*Professional, at bottom, means you get paid for it.
-barney (August 06, 2012, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always though it meant you charged for it. Actually getting paid, in my experience, is a whole separate issue. :P
-40hz (August 06, 2012, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, misconception on your part  :P :-* :P:  you're still an amateur when you bill/charge - you're only a professional iff you get paid  :P :P :P

The Windows Pro edition is licensed per computer, but there is a free version that is probably good enough to see if you like the way it works.  The Pro edition also provides a fully functional portable version. There are free apps for both Android and iOS.

On Android devices, EPIM uses its own tasks, notes and password modules and the built-in (Google) calendar and contacts, but you can synchronize those directly if you prefer not to use Google.

--- End quote ---

That's a right cogent thought.  I have EPIM Pro Win & Android.  I might have had the answer on my own HDD and not known it.  Never played with the calendar aspect of EPIM, so looks as though I'm gonna be busy  :-\ :P

Edit:
--- End quote ---

Just an FYI. When I evaluated Essential PIM a few months ago I had it lose information that had been previously entered and saved to the calendar. Don't know if this was an anomaly or something specific to the machine I was running it on. But it spooked me enough that I removed it from further consideration after that happened. Which was a shame. It looked to be a very capable PIM. YMMV.
-40hz (August 06, 2012, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Will definitely keep an eye out for that!  Thanks  :Thmbsup:!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version