ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... desktop/mobile calendar/task list/appointments app

(1/3) > >>

barney:
Been trying to find a reasonable calendar program that

* runs on (Windows) desktop
* runs on tablet (Android, for now)
* runs on smartphone (Android, for now)but not having much luck.  I'd like to be able to show appointments, tasks, schedules, and the like.  Most of 'em would be entered on the desktop/laptop, but there'd be times when the only entry point available would be a tablet or the phone, so multiple synchronization would be a must.

I'm averse to cloud-based solutions  :mad:, so Google Calendar or the like is out  :P.  Ideally, input would be allowed from any platform and shared with all other platforms.  Right now, that would include a B&N Color Nook, a Toshiba Thrive, a Nexus 7, a Samsung Galaxy SIII, and various Windows 7machines.  That hardware might change - I'm considering a Win8 tablet if I can stomach Win8 and if the price can be justified.  Ditto, Win8 phone.  Prolly won't use a *nix-based system, as those are mostly play/experiment systems for me, not long-term work systems.  (Not trying to start anything - *nix distros just don't fit into my professional* usages  :P.)

[sidebar]
Why not cloud?  Just today there was a piece of mail from the Republican National Committee (on the back flap) with a (front) return address of Mitt Romney.  It was addresses to Databarn Databarn.  (databarn is an alias I've used off and on when subscribing to various online elements.)  That name, along with my correct address, was hijacked from some Web site - it's never been used for shipping.  And I've never, knowingly at least, subscribed to any political entity.  (At one (1) point I did have a Web site published under that name - a decade ago!)  That's just one (1) reason I don't use cloud services, no matter how convenient.  There simply is no security that cannot be broken (as I learned when I spent a few years in cryptography).
[/sidebar]

*Professional, at bottom, means you get paid for it.

skwire:
Perhaps Tim's thread here will give you some ideas?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30298.0

barney:
Perhaps Tim's thread here will give you some ideas?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30298.0
-skwire (August 06, 2012, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops, sorry ... should have mentioned that I'd read it, but it's not what I'm seeking.  Nothing wrong with server-based, but not always near a/the server.  Sync needs to be Wi-Fi direct or maybe Bluetooth ... 4G might work in a pinch, but not all devices have provider connectivity - and I wouldn't want to pay for connectivity for each one (1)  :'( :P.

mahesh2k:
Remember the Milk?

kunkel321:
Definitely check out Pimlical  http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/
The only thing I don't like is that it's Java-based, and I'm not a big Java fan....

I do use the desktop version of Pimlical though.  (it syncs to my old school Palm)

There is an android version too.  Pretty cheap, and all the $$ goes to wildlife conservation. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version