topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Main window seemingly wouldn't appear  (Read 3247 times)

jaden

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Main window seemingly wouldn't appear
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I use a portable installation of ScreenshotCaptor in Dropbox so the same settings are used across all of my computers.  At work I have two large monitors and at home I have a smaller one.  Last night I could not see the main window of Screenshot Captor and I couldn't figure out why.  Screenshots appeared in the screenshots dir as usual, but no amount of cajoling would make the window appear.  This morning I ran it at work and the main window was on the second screen.  I then realized the saved position was off screen at home, and confirmed it by manually changing UserMainLeft and UserMainTop.

Could you make sure UserMainLeft and UserMainTop are within the current screen resolution?

As a stopgap solution I added a new entry to my AutoHotKey Window movement shortcuts:

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. ; Move the active window to 0,0 in case it's off the screen with Alt+Windows+Home
  2. !#Home::
  3.    winmove, A,,0,0
  4.    return

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Main window seemingly wouldn't appear
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Someone was just emailing me about this I think (maybe it was you); I will fix, exactly as you suggest.

jaden

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Main window seemingly wouldn't appear
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:46 PM »
Thanks!  I didn't email you about it, but I'm sure they'll appreciate the fix too ;)