ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review

<< < (7/9) > >>

IainB:
Ah, many thanks @lanux128. That's very helpful of you.
I shall see if I can get the AHK approach and the control panel display to work nicely together, but from what you say you have already established that they probably can't. Bother.
Time to experiment, methinks.

lanux128:
This is because it probably registers it's hook at a higher level than you are.-wraith808 (May 24, 2015, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
yup, that's what i thought too. so in the end i had to pick one of the two.

I shall see if I can get the AHK approach and the control panel display to work nicely together, but from what you say you have already established that they probably can't. Bother.
Time to experiment, methinks.-IainB (May 24, 2015, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Time to experiment, indeed. ;)

lanux128:
if you have an On the go (OTG) host cable, you can plug the receiver into your Android phone and listen to music and audio books. basic functions like play/pause and volume works.

OTG host cable

lanux128:
a recent review on techspot.com gave Logitech G930 a score of 85.

• http://www.techspot.com/review/1032-best-wireless-headsets/

IainB:
Time to experiment, methinks.
-IainB (May 24, 2015, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bother, it seems that you can't have your cake and eat it.

Though I haven't tested all these points (below) under all conditions, it seems that the Logitech software controls all the headset functions/buttons. Thus, if you disable (bypass) the G930 headset's Logitech driver and software, then:

* (a) The little switch on the side of the headset that switches between stereo and Dolby surround sound is effectively disabled and you get stereo only, in either position.
* (b) The G930 control panel software showing levels, equalizer, mic and avatar voice controls, headset battery status display, and surround sound status/test is not invoked (does not run).
* (c) The programmable buttons G1,G2 and G3 are disabled (though in my experience these may not always work properly with Winamp).
* (d) The mic presumably works as an ordinary mic, but the headset mic mute button might not work, and the mic sensitivity to background noise and filtering of same, and the listen-to-mic may not work.
* (e) The headset volume control wheel button might not work.
Thus, with software disabled, one's experience in use of the headset would seem to be a negating of most of the headset's extra functionality and superb listening experience, for which one has paid $$$. There would be at best only a pass-through listening experience with unmodulated stereo output.

So, I wouldn't recommend buying the G930 headset if you do not intend using the software/driver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version