ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review

<< < (6/9) > >>

wraith808:
a small update: after further usage, i ditched the LGS driver-software totally and have gone with a custom AHK script to make use of the G1-G3 keys. the volume rocker and mute button worked out of the box so no problems there. the mic quality was quite pleasant, clear with no static, tried on both Mumble and Teamspeak 3.
-lanux128 (May 23, 2015, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why did you ditch the software?  Just curious...

lanux128:
Why did you ditch the software?  Just curious...-wraith808 (May 23, 2015, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

there was nothing wrong with the software. I am just more comfortable with default features and the enhanceability that Autohotkey provides. I also have a Logitech K800 keyboard, whose Fn keys are configurable via AHK without the need for Setpoint software.

IainB:
Why did you ditch the software?  Just curious...-wraith808 (May 23, 2015, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

there was nothing wrong with the software. I am just more comfortable with default features and the enhanceability that Autohotkey provides. I also have a Logitech K800 keyboard, whose Fn keys are configurable via AHK without the need for Setpoint software.
-lanux128 (May 23, 2015, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's really interesting. I presume you're quite satisfied with the result, so far? Any niggles?

Could we have a copy of the AHK code you used for that, please? I'd like to learn from it.
Not sure whether I'd use it though, unless it defeated the Logitech software for the same functionality.
As I said above, "One of the things I need is the control panel display for the headphones". Your approach presumably means you don't/can't use the control panel display (which includes mixer, testing, voice simulation control and battery meter). Do you use something else instead?

lanux128:
That's really interesting. I presume you're quite satisfied with the result, so far? Any niggles?

Could we have a copy of the AHK code you used for that, please? I'd like to learn from it.
Not sure whether I'd use it though, unless it defeated the Logitech software for the same functionality.
As I said above, "One of the things I need is the control panel display for the headphones". Your approach presumably means you don't/can't use the control panel display (which includes mixer, testing, voice simulation control and battery meter). Do you use something else instead?-IainB (May 23, 2015, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't find myself using the control panel display that much to warrant the additional software even though they were nice to have.

the AHK code requires some testing on your side as explained here and you should get something like this:
Key historyVK  SC   Type   Up/Dn   Elapsed   Key      Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B0  119   a   d   7.25   Media_Next        
B0  119   a   u   0.25   Media_Next        
B3  122   a   d   1.33   Media_Play_Pause   
B3  122   a   u   0.34   Media_Play_Pause   
B1  110   a   d   1.04   Media_Prev        
B1  110   a   u   0.26   Media_Prev        
74  03F       d   5.09   F5                
Press [F5] to refresh.

that is for the keys G1-G3, so the code is as follows:

AHK code
--- Code: Autohotkey ---#InstallKeybdHookSendMode, InputDetectHiddenText, OnDetectHiddenWindows On SC119:: ;Media_Next             ToolTip, %A_ThisHotkey% pressed (Media_Next).Send, {Media_Next}SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 5000Return SC122:: ;Media_Play_Pause       ToolTip, %A_ThisHotkey% pressed (Media_Play_Pause).Send, {Media_Play_Pause}SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 5000Return SC110:: ;Media_Prev             ToolTip, %A_ThisHotkey% pressed (Media_Prev).Send, {Media_Prev}SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 5000Return RemoveToolTip:SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, OffToolTipReturn

as I mentioned elsewhere, the mute button and volume rocker works out of the box. another thing to note is that on my PC, the AHK code doesn't work if Logitech's software is running.

wraith808:
another thing to note is that on my PC, the AHK code doesn't work if Logitech's software is running.
-lanux128 (May 24, 2015, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is because it probably registers it's hook at a higher level than you are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version