Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review - DonationCoder.com
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site June 30, 2015, 04:30:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review  (Read 44273 times)
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

Or edit some DLL file to make Windows not so stupid about this.

the most recommended (and most recent) solution is a little higher up on that page:
http://www.winhlp.com/nod...lem_and_complete_solution
 undecided I'm considering...

related comments

Tom
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »

undecided I'm considering...

related comments

It should be noted that that particular thread is for Windows XP. I'm not sure how/if it relates to Windows Vista/7/8/10, or if the patcher would work on anything newer than XP.

As for the patcher itself:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/f7e7c18a2b76370d0d225ac78d246660b7516c20
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:15:28 PM by Deozaan » Logged

dr_andus
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

Watching this with interest but a bit scared to try, given the above (false?) positives
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »

I'd be wary about trying to blindly fix an apparent non-critical problem in the MS OS (Systray) by using a third-party "fixer" tool, and without first establishing the likely cause and examining the possible workarounds suggested by MS or in MS forums.
Probably best to err on the side of caution...
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »

@Deozaan: I just edited and clarified my comment above.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2015, 08:42:42 AM »

In recent weeks my system tray has started acting up. It would stop displaying a whole lot of icons for software that are otherwise running. This is occurring randomly, i.e. after some rebooting or waking up the system tray either works properly or it doesn't.

I had that problem over the last couple of months with 7 x64 - seems to have stabilised now though FWIW. I did install a bunch of non-critical windows updates lately. Maybe one of them helped, but I really dont know.

having this problem again more often (it never went completely).
Does not seem to be related to Explorer - Windows Explorer has not crashed - not that I noticed anyways, and it's running normally as I write, with one icon blank in the tray, and about six others not showing at all.

I've noticed that if I leave Windows alone on startup, that all apps seem to show correctly.
I think what happens is that if I start using the machine before *everything* is loaded, then the tray display screws up.

Noticed that last week, I now leave the machine good time to start and have not had problems since, hopefully it will stay this way...

I dont use sleep or hibernate so cant comment on those situations.

Tom
dr_andus
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »

I only seem to have problems with the systray when booting up. I've gotten into the habit of running the "Restart Explorer" utility below, and that sorts things out (though I suspect that a lot of icons are still not displayed, but at least the ones I care about are there, in the order I want them to).

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.04 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit