ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple's Marketing Mindset

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
No, I think the women theory doesnt work. (It would be interesting to know proportions of male to female owners of apple products - maybe that could back it up.)

As to the lack of manliness of Apple males,  I cannot comment, not having one :p and, living in the sticks, I dont see that many Apple males - or females ;-)

mahesh2k:
There are more women than men on this planet.
--- End quote ---

Forget apple. Reading this makes me feel like there is some hope for this planet.  :D

Carol Haynes:
There are more women than men on this planet.
--- End quote ---

Forget apple. Reading this makes me feel like there is some hope for this planet.  :D
-mahesh2k (August 07, 2012, 07:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'd think - just a shame a large proportion of them have absolutely no say in anything - even how to dress!

IainB:
...a large proportion of them have absolutely no say in anything - even how to dress!
-Carol Haynes (August 07, 2012, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, if by this you are referring to a "disadvantaged minority" [What is the English word for a term that is completely the opposite of the truth - would that be "a lie"?] then there's no need to worry. The UN Council on Human Rights looks to have it all under control.

For example, the afternoon of 6 August 2012 was the time that the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee discusses traditional values and human rights.
There, they had a weighty matter to discuss:
Preliminary study on promoting human rights and fundamental freedoms through a better understanding of traditional values of humankind. See working paper here - A/HRC/AC/9/2.

The Council’s Membership is based on equitable geographical distribution. Seats are distributed as follows:

*     African States: 13 seats
*     Asian States: 13 seats
*     Latin American and Caribbean States: 8 seats
*     Western European and other States: 7 seats
*     Eastern European States: 6 seats
Since membership of the UNHRC (UN Human Rights Commission) includes the People's Republic of China, Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, and the past memberships of Algeria, Syria, Libya, Uganda and Vietnam, then I think you will see that we can all rest easy that the matter of choice of and approved/acceptable standard of dress to align with "traditional values of humankind" will be cleared up for us, pretty soon.
By the way, according to the working paper (above), "traditional values of humankind" is not currently a defined term. Yet they are still using it anyway - odd, that.

I think the thing to note here is that whatever dress standards are stipulated as approved/acceptable, the UN must ensure that no offence is given to any religion, as a separate working group is apparently moving to make that (giving religious offence) a criminal offence, worldwide.
Quite right, and about time too.

Renegade:

Kind of OT, but...

Meh, I wouldn't take the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights as worth much or put much faith in it. In it they directly say that you have no rights if they don't want you to have any rights. i.e. "None of it applies to you."

Think I'm kidding? Article 29, section 3:

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#a29

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
--- End quote ---

Now, given that the UN has an affiliated publisher that was originally named "Lucifer Publishing", ahem... Seriously? Yes. Seriously.

There are comments on the World Wide Web claiming that the Lucis Trust was once called the Lucifer Trust. Such was never the case. However, for a brief period of two or three years in the early 1920’s, when Alice and Foster Bailey were beginning to publish the books published under her name, they named their fledgling publishing company “Lucifer Publishing Company”. By 1925 the name was changed to Lucis Publishing Company and has remained so ever since.Both “Lucifer” and “Lucis” come from the same word root, lucis being the Latin generative case meaning of light. The Baileys' reasons for choosing the original name are not known to us, but we can only surmise that they, like the great teacher H.P. Blavatsky, for whom they had enormous respect, sought to elicit a deeper understanding of the sacrifice made by Lucifer. Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer.
--- End quote ---

And:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucis_Trust

The Lucis Trust has consultative status (roster level) with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
--- End quote ---

:huh:

Nope. Totally un-make-up-able.

What was that phrase? Oh yeah... "HAIL SATAN!" :P

Now, look back at:

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
--- End quote ---

D'ya think that the "purposes and principles" are really sort of, like, maybe, "on the level"? Or might they be, oh, perhaps, just maybe, Luciferian? Or "Satanic" if you want another word for it?

I'm like totally convinced that Satan is like all really totally for peace, love, grooviness, unicorns, rainbows, cute puppies and all that stuff. Really. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version