ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Olympic coverage this year SUCKS!

<< < (10/10)

Renegade:
I'm starting to sound like Renegade......
-4wd (August 11, 2012, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

That could be a good thing~! :P

MilesAhead:
They're profiling people looking for anyone that is too nervous/properly engaged with the event/etc., so he got targeted. And as usual the profiling got a bit out-of-hand.

-Stoic Joker (August 10, 2012, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

That reminds me of an old joke(I try to use those in the Public Domain(tm) since I can't afford royalties) :)

Back when the hijackings of American flights were usually to divert the plane to Cuba, they came up with Sky Marshals to counter the threat. These were non-uniformed law enforcement types on the lookout for suspicious passengers.

The joke goes that due to an administrative error, two Sky Marshals were assigned to the same flight. They reported each other to the Stewardess(as they were called back in the 60s) as the most suspicious passenger on board.   :Thmbsup:

(I think Archie Bunker had a simpler solution. Instead of all the bureaucratic red tape just have someone pass out pistols to the passengers as they get on board, and another guy collect them at the destination.)

joiwind:
To get back to NBC and the Olympic coverage, the BBC has this to say :London 2012  ;D

Renegade:
To get back to NBC and the Olympic coverage, the BBC has this to say :London 2012  ;D
-joiwind (August 14, 2012, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I found this interesting:

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said the Games had been seen by the "largest TV audiences since the pre-digital age".
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version