ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Olympic coverage this year SUCKS!

<< < (6/10) > >>

Renegade:
Ok... fair warning... you may very well pee your pants laughing at this... So, consider yourself warned~!

Ready?

No turning back now...

Man arrested at Olympics cycling event for not smiling. ;D

BWAHAHAHAHAH~!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/parkinson%E2%80%99s-sufferer-arrested-for-not-smiling-at-olympic-mens-cycling-race.html

A spectator seeks an exoneration after he claims he was arrested for “not smiling” during the 2012 London Olympic Men’s Cycling Road Race.

Mark Worsfold, 54, a martial-arts trainer who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, wants a “letter of exoneration” after what he claims was a gross over-reaction on the part of Surrey Police.

Worsfold explains, “I was sitting minding my own business…Before I knew anything the police grabbed me off this seven-foot wall, threw me to the floor and cuffed me so all I saw of the cycle race was between the feet of people from the pavement.”

Due to his degenerative disorder, Worsfold says his face can seem expressionless.
--- End quote ---

More links in that article.

But man... It's just so nutty that I can't help but smile and laugh.

It reminds me of the people being arrested in North Korea for not weeping enough over the death of their "Dear Leader".

Who needs fiction when reality so much more entertaining~! :P BWAHAHAHAHAHA~!

Yes... I'm still laughing - hysterically!

Stoic Joker:
Man arrested at Olympics cycling event for not smiling.-Renegade (August 09, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've actually been hassled for that during orientation by the head of security at a previous job. Why it was such a big deal that I smile for a ID badge photo I've not a clue...but the security guy went friggin ballistic about it. Hell he didn't shut-up until I pointed out that Stoicism was a religion...so I had a right to not be grinning like an idiot.

I quit the job a few months later.

MilesAhead:
Man arrested at Olympics cycling event for not smiling.-Renegade (August 09, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've actually been hassled for that during orientation by the head of security at a previous job. Why it was such a big deal that I smile for a ID badge photo I've not a clue...but the security guy went friggin ballistic about it. Hell he didn't shut-up until I pointed out that Stoicism was a religion...so I had a right to not be grinning like an idiot.

I quit the job a few months later.
-Stoic Joker (August 09, 2012, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to run into that all the time. School yearbook photo.  Driver's license photo. Finally I realized it had nothing to do with me. The guy taking the photo didn't want me to make his work look bad.  Just like the short order cook at the diner gets pissed if I don't clean the plate. Trouble is there aren't many diners around where I actually want to eat.  Can't say "who are you my dad?" since I might get banned(or even punched.) Amazing what fragile egos people have.  Me, I wouldn't give a damn if the customer licked the plate clean as long as he paid for the meal.

What's really annoying are photographers who wait until I blink before they trip the shutter.   :wallbash:

TaoPhoenix:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/parkinson%E2%80%99s-sufferer-arrested-for-not-smiling-at-olympic-mens-cycling-race.html

A spectator seeks an exoneration after he claims he was arrested for “not smiling” during the 2012 London Olympic Men’s Cycling Road Race.
-Renegade (August 09, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

So which version of Batman's Joker makeup passes muster?

tomos:
Man arrested at Olympics cycling event for not smiling. ;D

BWAHAHAHAHAH~!

-Renegade (August 09, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Article goes on to say that he was actually arrested because they thought he was with a nearby group of protesters. I'm not sure why he start talking about the smiling thing - maybe the police took it as meaning he was only there to protest?
Unless I'm missing something, I cant understand why the writer takes that slant as well - I guess they're hoping we wont actually read the article too closely - or if we do that we please dont really care that the title is pretty much BS :-\

PrisonPlanet goes down another notch in my estimation:
It's got good intentions, but the style and accuracy are just too trashy-tabloid for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version