ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: TrayDefaultBrowser - just double-click to switch to another one

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to use a tiny program where I could *once* set the path to the browsers I'd like to use and then just double-click its tray icon to change the default browser.

It could just display a tray message to show which browser had been selected or (would be extra cool, but more work) could display a new icon according on the browser that's being used.

So something like mouser's BrowserTraySwitch (which isn't working on my system), just with a little bit different approach.

mouser:
this really seems like a request suitable for browsertrayswitch to me.
don't know why bts wouldnt work for you..

ps.
anyone thinking of writing such a "snack" you might want to think twice - changing the default browser is not the funnest thing and requires some odd registry settings.  maybe you could use an existing commandline browser changer and just add a tray interface.  just giving you a heads up :)

brotherS:
this really seems like a request suitable for browsertrayswitch to me.
don't know why bts wouldnt work for you..
-mouser (April 12, 2006, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok! :) Since you are quite busy now I thought I'd just drop in this request here.

This is how BTS looks here (W2k):

IDEA: TrayDefaultBrowser - just double-click to switch to another one

mouser:
that's normal - bts does not autoconfigure browsers, you have to edit the config file yourself to add yours (it's just a simple text file, see the help for instructions).

i really should add an autoconfig option to next version, i've just been busy.

but shame on you for not rtfm.

brotherS:
that's normal - bts does not autoconfigure browsers, you have to edit the config file yourself to add yours (it's just a simple text file, see the help for instructions).

i really should add an autoconfig option to next version, i've just been busy.

but shame on you for not rtfm.
-mouser (April 12, 2006, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm just used to apps that are mostly self-explanatory :D

That menu just looked so... *wrong*! If you don't have the time to add autoconfige add a line "you need to config the BrowserTraySwitch.ini  with a text editor. Open the help and read Introduction/Configuring Browsers" when no browser is set already  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version