ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Happy Birthday C=64

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
I remember mine looking exactly like that.  That was the reason that I used my Laser 128 for anything that wasn't gaming- the CRT gave a better image than the TV.   And I don't believe that's shaking- that's overscan from the settings being off.

skwire:
I still have our Commodore 128D that can be started up in C64 mode.  Does that count for anything?  I also still have our Atari 130XE as well.  Both fully work and I still have working software on 5.25 floppies.

TaoPhoenix:
I still have our Commodore 128D that can be started up in C64 mode.  Does that count for anything?  I also still have our Atari 130XE as well.  Both fully work and I still have working software on 5.25 floppies.
-skwire (August 05, 2012, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

+4 for the Commodore 128. It was PERFECTLY situated with a 250% better BASIC against the passage of about 3 years of typical childhood, such that it became my signature machine at 12, and I couldn't really grasp the harder concepts of the C64 at 9.

40hz:
I still have our Commodore 128D that can be started up in C64 mode.  Does that count for anything?  I also still have our Atari 130XE as well.  Both fully work and I still have working software on 5.25 floppies.
-skwire (August 05, 2012, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! It does. Great PC that little Frankenstein was. I named mine Zaphod Beeblebrox in honor of that dual CPU design.

skwire:
Hehehe...yep, great machine.  My wife still has me hook it up occasionally so she can kick some ass on Impossible Mission.  She's badass at that game.   :D

"Another visitor. Stay awhile... staaaaay FOREVER!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version