ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Happy Birthday C=64

<< < (2/4) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

Poke Renegade 53280,0 to turn his shirt and pants black to make him a ninja!

Crush:
I remember starting my own C64 emulator 7 or 8 years ago with some kind of dynarec. Only the full CPU, memory and a simple VIC with Sprites were working. Perhaps I hang on again and bring it to the end in the future? A while ago I found a few of my first demoroutines I took to Amiga and later to PC with converters. This was really a memorable and moving moment looking at those pixels from the past and my beginning as a coder.

A friend of mine (a member of Farbrausch - perhaps you know them) made the most advanced and accurate but also rather unknown C64 emulator of them all. Perhaps you´d like to see how the C64 optics really were on old TVs - this is the best way on nowaday machines utilizing dynarec compilation techniques and full GPU usage (there are two versions of this emulator) even simulating your window reflections and disturbing electric behaviour of your old Monitor. If you´d also like to see how a 10000 fps C64 looks & feels with several Ghz speed - this one makes it possible. It´s still in development - not as dead as most other emulators!

TaoPhoenix:
I don't understand what is being emulated - I don't recall my old C64 as a kid looking anywhere near that awful on the TV.

Crush:
Remebering the past always let thing look very nice and beautiful. That´s a human mechanism. This emulator reproduces all on an electronic based reproduction with such a detail no other emultor does at the moment.
You can change the settings to the level you like - also clean and perfect if you wish.

TaoPhoenix:
Remebering the past always let thing look very nice and beautiful. That´s a human mechanism. This emulator reproduces all on an electronic based reproduction with such a detail no other emultor does at the moment.
You can change the settings to the level you like - also clean and perfect if you wish.
-Crush (August 05, 2012, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, not quite beautiful, just I'm absolutely positive my screen didn't shake quite THAT much. I was a sensitive kid and it would have freaked me out (not exactly a headache, but something in that category.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version