ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Immersive Explorer: Oh God why?

<< < (4/8) > >>

Tuxman:
Why should non-techy users get them nailed down at all?

Curt:
Normal non-techies would never think they needed this one. My girlfriend has owned a laptop for 5 years, but whenever I tell her to open Explorer, she goes Open what? How?. However, being a woman, she has on her own figured out how to really master her iPhone...

Stoic Joker:
Also, I kinda like the Metro visual style.-f0dder (August 01, 2012, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice to know there's at least two of us that do.

Welcome back! :)

superboyac:
But virtually all of them fall in love with Q-Dir within two minutes after first seeing me launch it.
-40hz (August 01, 2012, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
wtf??  That's pretty cool!  Great...now I have yet another file manager to consider.  Oh well, I'm adding it to the toolbox!

superboyac:
Also, I kinda like the Metro visual style.-f0dder (August 01, 2012, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice to know there's at least two of us that do.

Welcome back! :)
-Stoic Joker (August 01, 2012, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I really don't mind the metro ui either.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I'm not saying it should replace every single windows ui element, but for certain things it's kind of nice.  As a launcher I think it works great.  I also love the idea of customizing your screen into little rectangles for whatever you want.  I mean, we have several DC applications here where we like to divide up our screen space so windows tile and lock into place in powerful ways.

Also, I kinda like the Metro visual style. It won't work everywhere, but when done properly it's damn clean and decently looking, compared to the gaudy Apple-style "let's make the ebook reader look like a wooden bookshelf" crap. I wonder if all the wasted space in the above screenshot is simply because there's not enough items on the "home screen" to fill it out, or if it's an active design decision - I hope it's the former :-)
--- End quote ---
Agree.  lol. ;D so true.  I hate seeing wood in my software, usually indicates a lack of functionality for some reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version