ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Immersive Explorer: Oh God why?

<< < (3/8) > >>

f0dder:
I can see non-techy users loving this actually.
-rgdot (August 01, 2012, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Non-techy users don't use file managers.
-Tuxman (August 01, 2012, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's somewhat of a bold claim - what do you base it on?

I've worked at a bunch of different places before finally ending up as bread-and-butter programmer, and those previous places definitely didn't have a lot of techie people. Yet, the people that used computers definitely did use file managers, unless you're going to claim Explorer isn't a file manager.

Definitely not the same kind of usage that you'll see DonationCoder members doing (hence why something like the immensive explorer might work well for them), but more file management than just dropping files on the desktop.

40hz:
^f0dder speaks!

It's been something like 6 months hasn't it? Good to see you back. :Thmbsup:

I've worked at a bunch of different places before finally ending up as bread-and-butter programmer, and those previous places definitely didn't have a lot of techie people. Yet, the people that used computers definitely did use file managers,
-f0dder (August 01, 2012, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree 100%. I've got many clients that know little more than: how to use Word/Excel/Outlook, read e-mail, and browse the web. But virtually all of them fall in love with Q-Dir within two minutes after first seeing me launch it. (They also tend to be more clever about using it than I am after a week or so of practice. :mrgreen:)

f0dder:
It's been something like 6 months hasn't it? Good to see you back. :Thmbsup:-40hz (August 01, 2012, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks - been burned out with work and personal stuff, but this 3-week vacation without any plans has been doing me wonders - hope I'll have the time+energy to attend a bit more regularly now ;)

Tuxman:
They use them when they see them, but they don't know they need them.

40hz:
^True. But that's much the case with many things. Funny how often those odd and unintuitive things we hear about in passing turn out to be remarkably useful and powerful once we finally get them nailed them down. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version