ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Paste a screenshot in windows explorer

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
[...Having said that, I see an unpleasant aspect -- when you hit Ctrl+V it will create a new image file, but the image file will be called "Clipboard Image.bmp" and be in bmp format.
-mouser (August 01, 2012, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Odd. I get nothing pasted in Windows Explorer, but a .png file in xplorer².
-IainB (August 01, 2012, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

same here with Windows Explorer, and a jpeg file in Directory Opus...

(Win7, 64 bit)

patku:
When I try to paste into Win Explorer I don't get anything (and Paste in the context menu is grayed out). However, I can open mspaint and paste in the image, so it must be in the clipboard. (I didn't realize that this functionality is supposed to be present because I didn't see any options for it or suggestion that it was possible in the description I read :-)

This is on a WinXP x64 machine. I'll try later on my Win7 32-bit laptop. Maybe it's a 64-bit shell issue?

tomos:
I didn't realize that this functionality is supposed to be present because I didn't see any options for it or suggestion that it was possible in the description I read :-)
-patku (August 01, 2012, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

try using the post capture "Pop Up Choice Dialog" - you may not want to stick with it, but it will give you an overview of possibilities.
enable via:
Preferences > Interface Options 1 > Pop Up Choice Dialog

slightly dated image here in the online help file
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/help/thenewpostcapturepopupdia.htm

patku:
try using the post capture "Pop Up Choice Dialog"
-tomos (August 02, 2012, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestion, but there are no options for "simply open a windows explorer window and paste" :-).

Also, I tried on my Win7 Pro 32-bit laptop and still got nothing when pasting into explorer :-(. I'm gaining an appreciation for all of the coolness of Screenshot Captor, though!

skwire:
patku, I can write you a small script that should work for you.  However, you would need to have a certain option turned on in your Windows Explorer options.  Namely, this one:

DONE: Paste a screenshot in windows explorer

Also, this script will not use the standard Ctrl+V hotkey.  You're just asking for trouble trying to override standard hotkeys like that.  I currently have it using Win+V but can change that to whatever you want.  Would this be acceptable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version