Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 04, 2016, 10:32:02 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quirks/differences  (Read 311 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Miles Ahead Software
    • Donate to Member
Quirks/differences
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:40:36 AM »
One thing I notice in the new system is it seems no longer possible to "bump" donation cash out requests.  Once you send a request the option disappears.  At least I cannot find it.  On the old system it was simple to send a gentle reminder.  :)

If feature requests are appropriate I still think it would be cool to let posters delete their own posts, perhaps within some time limit, without Mod intervention.  It just seems trivial to contact someone to get rid of something obviated.  Like a question asked and the answer turns up from another source within a good minute.  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quirks/differences
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:00:50 AM »
One thing I notice in the new system is it seems no longer possible to "bump" donation cash out requests.  Once you send a request the option disappears.  At least I cannot find it.
nothing was changed in that regard, i think you might just be forgetting where the "cash out" link is (Profile -> DonationCredits -> Request Cashout).

If feature requests are appropriate I still think it would be cool to let posters delete their own posts, perhaps within some time limit, without Mod intervention.
Yes, or at least some way to automate the request for post deletion.  The way it has to be done now is you would edit your post just making the content something like "Please delete this post".
The only reason the option was removed was to prevent some mass deletion of a person's posts during a fit of anger or someone guessing someone's password.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Miles Ahead Software
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quirks/differences
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »
One thing I notice in the new system is it seems no longer possible to "bump" donation cash out requests.  Once you send a request the option disappears.  At least I cannot find it.
nothing was changed in that regard, i think you might just be forgetting where the "cash out" link is (Profile -> DonationCredits -> Request Cashout).

The link is there initially.  On the old system I could hit it again if there was no response for a couple of days.  Once used on this system, it is gone.  I don't know what rearms it or if it is just a weird glitch rather than working as designed.  btw thanks for the cash out.  :)

If feature requests are appropriate I still think it would be cool to let posters delete their own posts, perhaps within some time limit, without Mod intervention.

Yes, or at least some way to automate the request for post deletion.  The way it has to be done now is you would edit your post just making the content something like "Please delete this post".
The only reason the option was removed was to prevent some mass deletion of a person's posts during a fit of anger or someone guessing someone's password.

Ok, that's what I was doing.   :Thmbsup: