ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

alias for toggle internet proxy

(1/2) > >>

wjamoe:
You might like this, it is a simple alias for toggling the internet proxy on/off

"%FARRDIR%\Scripts\Control Panel (cpanel)\Internet Options (cpanel).lnk";;;sendkeys {sleep 1500}+{TAB}{HOME}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}%l%x
--- End quote ---

it will show the new state .

if you want to reverse the state press {SPACE}

you now have to to press {ENTER} twice to commit the setting

assumptions:

* this version only  works for english version of windows (Lan settings, proXy)
* it only works if your system administrator did not disable the communication dialog (5th TAB)
* there are no built in checks, to verify the above!
maybe you can modify it and upload a version for your language.

wiem

IainB:
@wjamoe: Thanks for that post. I don't need the alias (not yet, anyway), but it just taught me something about the simplicity of an alias in FARR.

Filipe Meira Castro:
Seems really nice, thanks for sharing :)

Unfortunatly it does not work in my computer (W7 32b, latest FARR), after troubleshooting found the window gets out of focus with the sleep command {sleep 1500}

Tried, offcourse, taking it out or increasing but it does not help..

If I just lauch the command and do the keys by myself then it works...

mouser:
Filipe, it may be that you have an option set for FARR to grab focus. now whether you want to keep that or not i dont know.

skwire:
I just added a commandline mode to my IE Proxy Toggle application so that your alias can work more reliably across all languages.  Download the application, unpack it to a folder and you can call it in your alias like these examples:

c:\path\to\ieproxytoggle.exe -on
c:\path\to\ieproxytoggle.exe -off
c:\path\to\ieproxytoggle.exe -toggle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version