ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Fiber

(1/5) > >>

wraith808:
http://fiber.google.com/about/

I'd love for my internet to be faster and anything but Comcast.  There's apparently infrastructure already set up all over the US.

rgdot:
I am jealous

Free internet at today's average speeds Future-proof your home with free internet at today's average speeds.
You can upgrade to Fiber speeds anytime, with no additional equipment needed.

Up to 5Mbps download, 1Mbps upload speed • No data caps • Free service guaranteed for at least 7 years • Includes Network Box
$300 construction fee (one time or 12 monthly payments of $25) + taxes and fees
--- End quote ---

KynloStephen66515:
1GB Per Second?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :o

Unprofessional Rant In CapsOMFG WHY THE FUCK DO ENGLISH ISPS HAVE TO BE SO GODDAMN FUCKING RETARDED...WE HAVE TO BEG TO EVEN GET 120MBPS (COVERS VERY LITTLE OF THE UK) - 1/5 OF THE UK CAN BARELY EVEN GET A FUCKING STABLE 1MBPS CONNECTION BECAUSE ISPS WONT FUCKING RUN DECENT COPPER WIRE CONNECTIONS TO THESE PEOPLE, LETALONE FUCKING FIBRE OPTIC...MY ISP ARE SPENDING MILLIONS ADDING 20MBPS TO THEIR TOP PACKAGES, IGNORING ALL THOSE WHO CANT GET ANYTHING REMOTELY GOOD, LEAVING THEM WITH FUCKING UNSTABLE AS HELL INTERNET WHICH HAS SUPIDLY LOW CAPS (10GB/MONTH LIMIT IN MOST CASES!) WTF IS THIS SHIT

Renegade:
What's the catch?

Renegade:
1GB Per Second?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o :o :o :o

-Stephen66515 (July 27, 2012, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

About the rant -- things are similar here. So I definitely hear you on that! :) (I generally peak at 150 kbps or so and this is supposed to be 20 Mbps...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version