ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft OneNote - some experiential Tips & Tricks

<< < (31/41) > >>

dantheman:
Good video on Onenote IainB.
Could easily serve as a primer for anyone.

Haven't Scrabbled in ages!

p.s. don't know if this exists in Onenote, but it sure is a cool feature, check out cross-reference for Write app:
https://writeapp.co/blog/write-1-48-1-cross-reference

IainB:
@dantheman:
p.s. don't know if this exists in Onenote, but it sure is a cool feature, check out cross-reference for Write app:
https://writeapp.co/...48-1-cross-reference
-dantheman (July 30, 2017, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Apologies for the belated response. I had forgotten to make a reply.
I did check out the Write! application. It's nifty but Cloud-dependent, with a monthly Cloud fee after the 1st year, or something.
Anyway, not for me/my requirements.

dantheman:
Not a problem Ian!
Figured if Ian "the wizard" didn't know, nobody would.  ;)

dantheman:
Btw, if someone is familiar with OneNote for Android...
Is there a way to scan two pages at once (booklet)?
So far, i can only scan one at a time.

IainB:
@dantheman:
Btw, if someone is familiar with OneNote for Android...
Is there a way to scan two pages at once (booklet)?
So far, i can only scan one at a time.
-dantheman (November 29, 2017, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I am familiar with that, now, having just recently (last week) bought a half-price refurbished Samsung Galaxy S7 (the ones that were released in 2016 and then recalled for risk of battery exploding) for the missus and daughter. However, it's not OneNote you need to use to scan the document - it's OfficeLens.

I just tried it on a booklet now and it seems to work perfectly. The OfficeLens camera sensor seems to be very smart and can discriminate between the two pages of the opened booklet - it alternately puts a red border (frame) around either page (whichever is most centered in the view), outlining it as the document it is about to capture - but, if you move the camera away a bit, so that the whole booklet is fully within the view, then the red border (frame) expands to encompass both pages. Then you tap the screen and it takes a scan of them both like that, at the same time (i.e., as a single document image). Works a treat. Actually, I think it seems to work more intuitively and responsively than the OfficeLens app on the Nokia-Lumia 830 Windows phone (released 2014) that my son gave me to use - though, admittedly, that is slightly older technology than the S7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version