ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Krikorian, AMC Ban Masks and Fake Guns from Theaters

(1/1)

wraith808:
Krikorian, AMC Ban Masks and Fake Guns from Theaters

On the one hand, I don't have a problem with it.  Private company and all.  On the other hand, this does nothing to address the problem, i.e. he wasn't a patron, and came in through an unlocked emergency exit.  This is just hand-waving.

mwb1100:
he wasn't a patron, and came in through an unlocked emergency exit
-wraith808 (July 24, 2012, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

My understanding is that he was a patron. Early in show, possibly during the previews, he left through the emergency exit (taping the door or blocking it to allow it to be opened from the outside) then came back after collecting his weapons from his car.

wraith808:
^ Ah.  I didn't see that in any of the reports that I saw- just that he came in through an unsecured emergency exit.

I also had this conversation with others, and see it in sort of a different light now- this is more for empathetic reasons and speak to the emotional turmoil and feeling of safety of the patrons going to the theatre in the wake of such an event.  I can get behind that explanation.

Stoic Joker:
I was pondering that seeming conflict in the testimonies also ... That does make more sense to me also

MilesAhead:
The headline looks like a candidate for Jay Leno's newspaper bit on The Tonight Show. I can see Jay holding it up.  "Yeah! About time they banned those fake guns! If someone is brandishing a pistol in a theater where I'm watching a movie it's reassuring to know the thing is real!!"

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version