ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Big brother Microsoft listens in to your Skype IMs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
I have played with ooVoo which I like a lot but the difficult bit is convincing all your contacts to switch over from Skype ...
-joiwind (July 24, 2012, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why ooVoo? Or, what makes you think that they don't spy on you as well? (I'm curious - I've not really looked into ooVoo much.)

joiwind:
I have played with ooVoo which I like a lot but the difficult bit is convincing all your contacts to switch over from Skype ...
-joiwind (July 24, 2012, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why ooVoo? Or, what makes you think that they don't spy on you as well? (I'm curious - I've not really looked into ooVoo much.)
-Renegade (July 24, 2012, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

In fact I don't think they (ooVoo) don't spy on me too - it comes down the old question :

either
1) they spy on everyone (possible)
2) or they spy on most-popular media (probable)
3) if not 1) then 2) in which case use a less-popular media like ooVoo

Will we ever know ?

(I'm rambling .... )

jgpaiva:
Now that I think of this, would it be that hard (from a technical point of view) to encrypt voip calls in a similar way to how gtalk can be encrypted?
Also, can other clients access skype's network or does it only work with skype's client (and facebook's?) ?

daddydave:
Same can be said for Google Voice or any google service. Almost every such service is monitored by Big B here in my country.
-mahesh2k (July 24, 2012, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

This made me imagine conversations are being monitored by Amitabh Bachchan (also known as Big B) for movie ideas. ;)

Carol Haynes:
When will overdubbed ads start appearing on Skype based on your conversations content?

Oh I forgot it is MS - they would probably advertise something completely irrelevant - but they know you should want!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version