ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Big brother Microsoft listens in to your Skype IMs

(1/3) > >>

joiwind:
As said in the article maybe this will finally incite someone to build a really good open source alternative to Skype : Big brother Microsoft listens in to your Skype IMs.

I have played with ooVoo which I like a lot but the difficult bit is convincing all your contacts to switch over from Skype ...

40hz:
Good luck with that. "It's only as good as the network it's on - and who's on the network," as the saying goes.
Consider Facebook. Despite the large number of people who hate it, look how many are still forced to use it for no reason other than the fact that their friends/family/fans/clients are all on it - and won't switch to G+ or something similar.

I've been trying to get my friends to switch over to a Farnsworth:

Good luck with that too!

Never underestimate the power of inertia. ;D

joiwind:
Good luck with that. "It's only as good as the network it's on - and who's on the network," as the saying goes.
Consider Facebook. Despite the large number of people who hate it, look how many are still forced to use it for no reason other than the fact that their friends/family/fans/clients are all on it - and won't switch to G+ or something similar.

Never underestimate the power of inertia. ;D
-40hz (July 24, 2012, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Inertia makes the world go round  ;)

40hz:
^ ;D

mahesh2k:
Same can be said for Google Voice or any google service. Almost every such service is monitored by Big B here in my country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version