ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screen Calipers is currently free

<< < (2/5) > >>

wraith808:
I purchased, but haven't installed- but it gave me a key as normal for iconico apps.

MilesAhead:
I just went through the install.  Seems legit. For me it may be useful for measuring elements inside windows/forms.  But for window dimensions I wrote a hotkey that gives window width height and left top.  Another hotkey changes a window to the saved width height. I have to look it over to make sure I check the target "set" window frame is resizeable before I post on my site.

They had a review on Softpedia. Major complaint was rotating the caliper. I just tried it and it felt very awkward.  But for free I'll take it. :)

edit: I used a hotmail email for registration and there wasn't any issue. "Unlock" after install succeeded.

MilesAhead:
I can see that artistically the caliper thing looks cool. But I think a more utilitarian design would be a cross with multiple jaws. That would minimize rotation.

It's apparent from the graphic below that I can't draw. But it gives the idea.  The read-out would be in the middle. Also since it's on a computer screen and is not a physical tool, there's no need for the "frame" to be as large as the jaws can be extended. Just have broken line animation while dragging.

Curt:
-your concerns on the offer itself surprises me. But of course you may not have noticed that Iconico who makes Screen Calipers, is the same company that operates Bits du Jour.

Carol Haynes:
Great find - includes updates 'for the life of the product' ...

After you make a purchase of this BitsDuJour discount promotion, Screen Calipers may be used indefinitely.
Screen Calipers is licensed per computer, and not per user.
Transfer of a license to another owned computer is allowed.
License activation isn't required. what's this?
Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for the lifetime of the product.
Support is provided for the lifetime of the product.
30 days return policy.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version